Author Topic: Masters and Students  (Read 367 times)

Ratiustar

• Developer
    • View Profile
Masters and Students
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:05 AM »
So I have been thinking about a simple to implement but practical way to add Masters and students.

What I have come up with so far-

Once a player reaches the Jonin rank (complete, not the specialized one), the player will receive the ability to train students. Initially, all masters start with D rank, and as they train more and more students- over time they could reach SS rank, with each rank allowing the master(and his students) different things.

The student gains an increase in their EXP reward towards the jutsu they had cast, provided the master is within a certain radius from the student. This EXP gain reward from the master increases as the masters rank increases. The master however, will only gain XP towards their rank once the student's jutsu ranks up.
This means, if the student is spamming fireball with his master present- he will be receiving a slight boost to the EXP gained, but the master will receive nothing. However, once this Fireball ranks up, like say from rank D to C, the master will gain EXP towards their master rank.

The way I propose the ranking to work is as such: *See bottom for examples of in game maths xD

Rank D Master: 1 allowed student - Student gains 10% increase to jutsu EXP
Rank C Master: 1 allowed student - Student gains 15% increase to jutsu EXP
Rank B Master: 2 allowed students - Students gain 25% increase to jutsu EXP
Rank A Master: 2 allowed students - Students gain 40% increase to jutsu EXP
Rank S Master: 3 allowed students - Students gain 80% increase to jutsu EXP
Rank SS Master: 3 allowed students - EXP based on students currently signed up to the master. See ** for details.

** SS Masters can give a significant boost to their student's jutsu EXP, provided they are not limited by the "divided attention" factor. This means, based on the amount of signed students to a master, their gained EXP could vary as such:

3 Students - Students gain 95% increase to jutsu EXP
2 Students - Students gain 120% increase to jutsu EXP
1 Student - Student gain 150% increase to jutsu EXP

In order to try and prevent abusing this system, a student that leaves his master (unsign?/unsubscribe? xD dunno the correct english word) will not be able to rejoin another or the same master for a period of 48 hours. A student is also limited to 1 Master at any given point in time.

*Time for maths!

Now- for those who would like a more in depth presentation of what im suggesting, here goes:

Student jutsu rank EXP requirements:

Using a jutsu while tagged as 'in combat' grants 1 EXP

D -> C : 100 EXP
C -> B : 500 EXP
B -> A : 2,000 EXP
A -> S : 5,000 EXP
S -> SS : 20,000 EXP

Jutsu EXP gain with the respective master ranks:

D-Master: 1x0.25 = 0.10, added to the 1 gained = 1.1 EXP gain per use.
C-Master: 1x0.50 = 0.15, added to the 1 gained = 1.15 EXP gain per use.
B-Master: 1x0.50 = 0.25, added to the 1 gained = 1.25 EXP gain per use.
A-Master: 1x1.00 = 0.40, added to the 1 gained = 1.40 EXP gain per use.
S-Master: 1x1.50 = 0.80, added to the 1 gained = 1.80 EXP gain per use.
SS-Master(3 students): 1x0.95 = 0.95, added to the 1 gained = 1.95 EXP per use.
SS-Master(2 students): 1x1.25 = 1.20, added to the 1 gained = 2.20 EXP per use.
SS-Master(1 student): 1x1.50 = 1.50, added to the 1 gained = 2.50 EXP per use.

Master rank EXP gain on Jutsu advancement (student's jutsu class increases/ranks-up)

D-rank Jutsu advancing to C-rank: 20 EXP points
C-rank Jutsu advancing to B-rank: 100 EXP points
B-rank Jutsu advancing to A-rank: 400 EXP points
A-rank Jutsu advancing to S-rank: 1000 EXP points
S-rank Jutsu advancing to SS-rank: 5000 EXP points

The required amount of EXP to advance in Master ranks are as follows:

D -> C : 200 EXP
C -> B : 1000 EXP
B -> A : 4,000 EXP
A -> S : 10,000 EXP
S -> SS : 50,000 EXP

***Worth a note- A Master and student would be allowed to non-stop fight each other in order to maximize the EXP-gain, as this should be seen as training. (I mean, the student, even with a master, has some serious jutsu casting to do in order to increase the ranks xD)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:10:13 PM by Ratiustar »

Nova

• Irrelevant tbh
    • View Profile
Re: Masters and Students
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »
Alongside that system, would there be things such as quests given to a Master & his 'party/students'.
Or is the master/student system not the same as teams from naruto?

I do like that players can get some EXP boost when they are in a party with someone who's "better", and it could provide some more RP elements for those who care about that aspect.

Ratiustar

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »
Alongside that system, would there be things such as quests given to a Master & his 'party/students'.
Or is the master/student system not the same as teams from naruto?

TBH- I had Jiraya+Nagato+Konan in mind when writing this, but I don't see why this suggestion couldn't be changed to fit the 'Teams' aspect. I just haven't spent time thinking on that so any suggestions on which changes would be good is amazing :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:05:26 PM by Ratiustar »

NinjaMirage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »
TBH it seams like a lot of experience- depends no on the chakra system and chakra useage for jutsu. Other then that this system will work fine if group missions are assigned based on the lowest ranked team member.

And rewards are paid to all members of the team equally.
However this would mean that missions would need a sliding scale based on the munber of people on the team. For example:
Chunin solo mission would be a Genin 3 player mission
Jonin solo mission would be a chunin and 3 Genin mission
And so on.